Despite my Facebook picture where I’m attempting to burn my eyebrows off while drinking a flaming martini, I’m not really much of a cocktail drinker. I think the main issue is that I don’t like sweet drinks and most cocktails have a sweet taste to them. I’d prefer a glass (or two) of wine.
But when the temperatures rise I do find myself craving something exotic. Like the distraction of mixing liquor and ice in my cocktail shaker makes me forget it’s so hot!
* 1 ounce vodka (2 Tbsp)
* 1⁄2ounce triple sec (1 Tbsp)
* 1⁄2ounce orange juice (1 Tbsp)
* splash Cointreau
* 3 clementines, juiced
* 1⁄4ounce ginger ale (1/2 Tbsp)
* ice cubes
1 Pour all ingredients, except ginger ale, into a martini shaker with ice cubes.
2. Shake vigorously for a few seconds.
3. Strain into martini glass.
4. Add ginger ale.
Two Beer Margaritas
* 2 chilled, 12 oz bottles of beer
* 12 oz frozen limeade concentrate (slightly thawed)
* 12 oz tequila
* lime wedges
* Salt to rim glasses
Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. Mix until the limeade concentrate is dissolved. Pour into glasses rimmed with salt. Enjoy immediately.