1. Cookies! I’m not even going to pretend that Christmas is about anything other than family, food and gift giving. But cookies are my absolute favorite. I bake often and eat frequently. I know that in January I will be exercising a lot to make up for it but somehow I’m okay with that. My favorite cookies (in no particular order) are: cranberry and pistachio biscotti, chocolate chip hazelnut cookies, and sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles.
2. Cuddling in front of the Christmas tree. During December we only use the Christmas tree for light in our living room, it’s cozy and pretty. Sometimes we just sit in there with Christmas music playing, quietly cuddling close under a blanket. It is the best!
3. Watching holiday specials. I like them all. I love the Christmas movies that I’ve watched since I was a kid especially Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and the newer ones like ELF. I’m also a huge fan of the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special.
4. Secret Gift Giving. I love to grab those angels off the tree at the mall and help to make Christmas special for someone who might be struggling.
5. Reading holiday books. I have to be honest here, I’m reading all year long but at the holidays I like something more inspiring. I’m looking for the miracle type stories that will leave me crying but in a good way. I’m reading Nancy Robards Thompson’s HIS TEXAS CHRISTMAS BRIDE right now!
What are you top five for December?